Ancra tie downs are the original tie down created to securely hold any motorcycle during transportation or any other activity needing a securely fastened motorcycle. The choice of professional and racers for decades they offer superior strength and unmatched reliability. The patented cam buckle locks the strap securely, the tighter the straps are pulled the more force the buckle exerts against the strap. Straps are made from aircraft quality nylon webbing with a 4500lb tensile strength and length of 5.5'. Working strength is 1200lbs. Available in red, blue, and black.
Tie down assembly strengths vary considerably depending on manufacturer and style. For larger motorcycles we recommend a minimum assembly strength of 1200 lbs and a working load of 400 lbs. The assembly strength should take into account the strengths of the complete assembly and is no greater than the weakest component. Webbing strength alone is no indication of the total assembly strength since webbing is normally stronger than the hardware used to compensate for degradation experienced during normal use.
When not in use tie downs should be stored in a dry location, not in the back of your truck or trailer. Moisture can cause corrosion of the hardware, and chemicals, heat and weather will reduce the life and durability of the webbing. A light oil can be used to lubricate the moving parts of the buckles. If the strap comes in direct contact with the truck, trailer or other objects it should be protected. A 1/4" edge cut will reduce the webbing strength by as much as 50%. Remember, a tie down is only as good as the weakest link in your motorcycle transport system. Please read all of the caution notes carefully.
Common tie down techniques:
- Always chock wheels and use wheel tie down straps.
- Attach tie down hooks to handlebar or frame member, where it will no slip
- Area of attachment to trailer, van or pickup must be of sufficient strength. Ancra fitting kit is recommended
- For maximum load capacity, hooks and buckles must be in line with direction of pull
- Protect webbing from sharp edges, hot surfaces, and acids. DO NOT use if webbing is frayed or worn
- Tie downs are not be used as personnel restraints or for towing vehicles